According to a statement issued by the Pakistan Army Public Relations (ISPR), the fire broke out accidentally due to a short circuit in an arms depot in Sialkot garrison.
The statement said that as soon as the fire started, timely action was taken and the damage was stopped immediately and the fire was extinguished.
The ISPR said no one was killed or injured in the incident.
It may be recalled that residents of Sialkot had complained on social networking site Twitter that explosions were heard at dawn.
Later, some videos started circulating on social media in which I saw fires and smoke rising.
In various tweets, locals claimed that the fire was at an arms depot in the Kent area.
At the same time, various rumors were circulating on social media and Sialkot started trending on Twitter.