To turn on double tap-like gesture control on almost any Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and choose Accessibility.
- Swipe down and choose AssistiveTouch (under Motor)
- Tap the toggle at the top to turn it on.
- Now tap Hand Gestures, and toggle those on at the top.
- Now you can customize what pinch, double pinch, clench, and double clench do.
With AssistiveTouch, the default gesture for “activation” and the action menu is a double clench, you can change that at the bottom of the Hand Gestures menu.
Here are some of the things you can do with double tap-like gesture control:
- Open the app menu: To open the app menu, double tap on the screen.
- Open a specific app: To open a specific app, double tap and hold on the screen, then swipe to the app you want to open and release.
- Turn on the screen: If the screen is off, double tap to turn it on.
- Turn off the screen: If the screen is on, double tap to turn it off.
- Go back to the previous screen: To go back to the previous screen, double tap on the left edge of the screen.
- Bring up the Dock: To bring up the Dock, double tap on the right edge of the screen.
You can also use double tap-like gesture control to control other features of your Apple Watch, such as Siri, Apple Pay, and the Control Center. To learn more about how to use double tap-like gesture control, open the Watch app on your iPhone and go to Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Hand Gestures.