Fried rice is a popular Chinese dish made with cooked rice that is stir-fried with vegetables, eggs, and meat. Here’s a recipe to make Fried Rice at home:
- 3 cups cooked and chilled white rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked and diced chicken, shrimp or pork (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the cooked chicken, shrimp or pork (if using) and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots, diced onion, and minced garlic to the skillet. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble the eggs until cooked through.
- Add the chilled rice to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until heated through and lightly browned.
- Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using) to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked chicken, shrimp or pork (if using) back to the skillet and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and serve hot.
Enjoy your homemade Fried Rice!