September 24, 2023

Diabetes and foot problems

This is why diabetologists strongly urge patients to protect their feet, just as they do on the face,


Diabetes - pic pexeles

Diabetes is a condition that can affect any organ or system in the body. If the disease affects the nervous system, most patients will suffer from foot problems. This is why diabetologists strongly urge patients to protect their feet, just as they do on the face, because in some cases the foot problems become so severe that the foot or leg has to be amputated. So, below are some of the specific symptoms of foot problems, the appearance of which requires contact with a physician.

 Sun Pin:

Numbness of the legs is the most important symptom of nervous weakness. When the required amount of blood does not reach the nerves for any reason, then as the amount of sugar in the blood increases, nervous weakness is born. Initially there is severe pain in the legs, then gradually there is numbness or tingling in the legs or ants crawl. To be overcome

Irritation in the legs:

Foot irritation is also a common complaint in diabetic patients. Sometimes the burning sensation in the legs is so severe that the patient simply cannot walk or put his feet on the ice cubes or sit with his feet in the tub of cold water. They can’t sleep at night and feel restless.

 Feet stay cool:

Most patients have cold feet. Sometimes patients burn their feet in an attempt to warm themselves by lighting a fire or in front of a heater. This symptom indicates a lack of blood circulation, which is called ischemic foot in medical terms. Her legs look reddish and smooth, her hair gradually disappears and she feels cold to the touch. In contrast, feet that look yellow, rough, or have dry, scratchy skin, and feel warm when touched are a sign of nervous tension.


Decreased blood flow to the feet due to reduced nervous tension, which is a common ailment, but can cause gangrene if not treated in a timely manner. Keep your feet high and never use tight shoes or slippers.

Redness of the skin on the feet:

This symptom also indicates a nervous breakdown of the diabetic, but in some cases headaches may also be due to injury. Occasionally there is an injury to the patient, but the skin does not crack. In this case, too, the redness is noticeable. Use it. Otherwise, the slightest headline can cause a complication, while sometimes the head is swollen with the headline.

 Loss of sense:

One of the blessings of God Almighty is pain, because in diabetes the ability to feel is affected due to disturbances in the nervous system to such an extent that if something gets stuck in the feet or something hot like the silencer of a bike gets stuck, There is no feeling, no pain. Sometimes an X-ray for some other reason reveals that there is a needle or a sharp object in the foot.

Leg muscle stiffness:

Stiffness of the hind muscles of the legs is also caused by nerve force, which can range from the back of the knee to the lower part of the foot.

Pain in the shins while walking:

Some patients complain that when they walk, their legs start to ache, but when they stop, the pain goes away. Some also complain of hip pain or discomfort in the legs while sleeping at night, which is a sign that the blood circulation in the feet is decreasing, which should be treated as soon as possible. To be clear, this symptom appears in only 40% of people, the remaining 60% do not recognize it at all. Physicians usually recommend a dialer test to check blood circulation.

It is true that controlling diabetes is essential to protect against foot problems and their complications, but this does not mean that only sugar should be controlled, but also blood pressure, cholesterol and weight should be kept within a certain range. In addition, all diabetic patients should self-examine their feet every week, and if any of the above symptoms are found, please contact a Diabetologist immediately.

BY; Dr. Shakeel Ahmed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *