Babar Azam is a Pakistani cricketer who is currently the captain of the Pakistani cricket team in all formats. He was born on October 15, 1994, in Lahore, Pakistan.
Babar Azam made his international debut for Pakistan in the year 2015 in a T20 match against Zimbabwe. He is a right-handed batsman and a part-time leg-spinner. He is known for his elegant strokeplay and has often been compared to the likes of Virat Kohli and Steve Smith.
In his short career so far, Babar Azam has already achieved several milestones. He is the fastest player in the world to reach 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in One Day Internationals (ODIs). He is also the fastest Pakistani player to score 1000 runs in T20 internationals (T20Is).
Babar Azam has been named as the Player of the Series on multiple occasions in both ODIs and T20Is. He was also named as the ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2020. In addition to his international success, he has also been a prolific run-scorer in domestic cricket in Pakistan.
Babar Azam is considered as one of the most talented cricketers of his generation and is expected to achieve even greater success in the coming years.
Babar Azam Records List
Babar Azam has achieved numerous records in his career so far. Here are some of his notable records:
- Fastest player to reach 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in One Day Internationals (ODIs).
- Fastest Pakistani player to score 1000 runs in T20 Internationals (T20Is).
- The first player from Pakistan to score three consecutive centuries in ODI cricket.
- The fastest player from Pakistan to reach 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODIs.
- Highest individual score by a Pakistani batsman in T20Is (unbeaten 122 off 59 balls against West Indies).
- Joint-fastest player to reach 1000 runs in T20Is (in 26 innings).
- Most runs scored by a Pakistani batsman in a three-match ODI series (360 runs against West Indies in 2021).
- Second-fastest player to reach 2000 runs in T20Is (in 52 innings).
- First Pakistani player to score 1500 T20I runs.
- Most centuries by a Pakistani batsman in T20 cricket (10 centuries).
- Youngest player to captain Pakistan in T20Is (aged 22 years and 20 days).
Babar Azam is undoubtedly one of the most talented batsmen in the world today and is expected to break many more records in the future.
Babar Azam Centuries
Babar Azam has scored a total of 17 centuries in international cricket (as of September 2021), including 16 in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and 1 in Test cricket. Here is a list of all of Babar Azam’s centuries in international cricket:
- 120* vs West Indies in Abu Dhabi, 2016 (ODI)
- 123 vs New Zealand in Dunedin, 2018 (ODI)
- 117 vs Australia in Dubai, 2018 (ODI)
- 101* vs New Zealand in Abu Dhabi, 2018 (ODI)
- 106 vs New Zealand in Abu Dhabi, 2018 (ODI)
- 112 vs Zimbabwe in Bulawayo, 2018 (ODI)
- 114 vs New Zealand in Dubai, 2018 (ODI)
- 117 vs England in Southampton, 2019 (ODI)
- 101 vs Sri Lanka in Karachi, 2019 (ODI)
- 115 vs Sri Lanka in Karachi, 2019 (ODI)
- 100* vs Zimbabwe in Rawalpindi, 2020 (ODI)
- 125 vs Zimbabwe in Rawalpindi, 2020 (ODI)
- 122* vs South Africa in Centurion, 2021 (ODI)
- 103 vs South Africa in Johannesburg, 2021 (ODI)
- 100* vs West Indies in Providence, 2021 (ODI)
- 122 vs West Indies in Guyana, 2021 (T20I)
- 100 vs Sri Lanka in Colombo, 2021 (Test)
Babar Azam is known for his consistent run-scoring and has an impressive conversion rate when it comes to converting his fifties into centuries.