Authorities in Uzbekistan have said at least 18 children have died after drinking cough medicine that was allegedly made in India, while Indian authorities have launched an investigation.
According to NDTV, the Ministry of Health of Uzbekistan issued a statement on Thursday saying that the children who died had taken a cough syrup called Doc One Max made by Noida-based company Marin Biotic. Was made.
The statement also stated that this syrup was given to children at home without the prescription of doctors and was given more than the required amount.
It has also been revealed that the children were given this syrup two to seven days before being transferred to the hospital, the correct amount of which is two decimal five to five milliliters three to four times a day and this correct amount was not taken into account. went.
This syrup was used by parents to prevent colds and flu.
According to the statement, Doc One Max tablets and syrup have been withdrawn from medical stores across the country after the deaths of the children.
Similarly, seven employees have also been fired for not properly assessing the situation and not taking timely measures.
After the incident, the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization and the Uttar Pradesh Drugs Control will conduct a joint investigation, while a casualty assessment report has also been sought from Uzbekistan.
This is the second time in a year that such a complaint has been made about cough in India.
Earlier, the case of 70 children who died in Gambia was also linked to Haryana’s Maiden Pharmaceuticals.
The Central Drugs Standard Control Organization had also shut down one of its units in October for violating standards.
The World Health Organization said Madden’s drug had been analyzed and contained “unacceptable” amounts that could be toxic and cause kidney disease.
1 thought on “18 children die in Uzbekistan after drinking ‘Indian-made’ cough syrup”